Key rights under UE DIRECTIVE 2015/2302, in particular on contracts relating to package travel and linked travel arrangements:
- Travellers will receive all essential information about the package before concluding the package tr contract.
- There is always at least one entrepreneur who is liable for the proper performance of all the travel services included in the contract.
- Travellers are given an emergency telephone number or details of a contact point where they can get in touch with the organiser or the travel agent.
- Travellers may transfer the package to another person, on reasonable notice and possibly subject to additional costs.
- The price of the package may only be increased if specific costs rise (for instance, fuel prices) and if expressly provided for in the contract, and in any event not later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase exceeds 8 % of the price of the package, the traveller may terminate the contract. If the organiser reserves the right to a price increase, the traveller has a right to a price reduction if there is a decrease in the relevant costs.
- Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee and get a full refund of any payments if any of the essential elements of the package, other than the price, are changed significantly. If before the start of the package the entrepreneur responsible for the package cancels the package, travellers are entitled to a refund and compensation where appropriate.
- Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee before the start of the package in the event of exceptional circumstances, for instance if there are serious security problems at the destination which are likely to affect the package.
- Additionally, travellers may at any time before the start of the package terminate the contract in return for an appropriate and justifiable termination fee.
- If, after the start of the package, significant elements of the package cannot be provided as agreed, suitable alternative arrangements will have to be offered to the traveller at no extra cost. Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee, where services are not performed in accordance with the contract and this substantially affects the performance of the package and the organiser fails to remedy the problem.
- Travellers are also entitled to a price reduction or compensation for damages where the travel services are not performed or are improperly performed.
- The organiser has to provide assistance if the traveller is in difficulty.
- If the organiser becomes insolvent, payments will be refunded. If the organiser becomes insolvent after the start of the package and if transport is included in the package, repatriation of the travellers is secured. "Karol Niecikowski Fair Play Art" has taken out insolvency protection with "AXA Ubezpieczenia Towarzystwo Ubezpieczeń i Reasekuracji S.A.", the entity in charge of the insolvency protection. Travellers may contact this entity or, where applicable, the competent authority (Chlodna Street 51, 00-867 Warsaw, Poland, phone: +48 22 555 00 00, www.axa.pl) if services are denied because of the organiser’s insolvency.
DIRECTIVE (UE) 2015/2302
The above information is an extension of the "Standard information form for package travel contracts" accepted by all participants of the Fair Play Dance Camp who bought packages with accommodation.
The form and other documents accepted by the Participant are available in the MULTIMEDIA>DOWNLOADS section.